KOTRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1 The Gathering

4 posters

KOTRP :: RP :: Roleplaying

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chapter 1 The Gathering - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter 1 The Gathering

Post by Tori Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:54 am

Katie smiled a bit then went back to her quiet frown. It was clear the girl didn't really want friends...or had any.
" you can get food or drink if you please. My treat" Seymore said to her. He was being kind about that and it shocked her a bit.
" no.. Um no...but thank you.." she replied softly. Her horse bobbed his head, he would take that offer any day... but he was a horse. He walked beside Seymore and nudged his shoulder...he really like this man.

" your bow has arrived, stick close to me" Katie saw the wizard and quickly grew shy. She wanted her bow... She wanted it badly. It was the only thing left of her father before he was...killed. Her eyes watered a bit the. She quickly rubbed them and remained behind the elf.
"and this young ranger is..." Seymore started then looked at Katie. The poor girl was really shy and nervous about these new people. She wasn't comfortable with the elf, what would make he feel better with other people?? But she didn't want to be rude to the new comers... she took a deep breath then stepped next to Seymore.

" that's Ranger," she pointed to her horse. She hesitated a bit and looked at her feet, then flicked her eyes up.
" I'm.... My name is.... " she drew in a breath then exhaled.
" I'm Katie..." She looked at the lady, then the wizard and last but not least... Seymore.

Last edited by Katie on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Arsia walked slowly towards the Tavern, surveying a concerning scene before her. Smoke wafted and rose slowly over a burning Caravan, debris strewn across the dirty ground. A headless body lied still, while the ground around it seemed burnt and singed. The head was nowhere to be found, though what looked little fragments of skull remained.

Arsia had an uneasy deja vu feeling, and she could only gather that somehow, this was all her doing. She just couldnt recollect it.

"You Deserved this..."she mumbled, surprised the words came out.

She looked down upon the body with disdain, her subconscious still had a grudge against the figure. She crouched down and tore a couple yards of fabric from the deceased, trying hard to find the cleanest parts. She also scrounged around the body looking for a pair of gloves, and was shocked when she actually found some.

Quickly and crudely, she fashioned herself a makeshift top and skirt. Normally she wouldnt care to cover herself, in her Clan; Clothes were optional, Believing any heavy armor or restrictive clothing would hinder their fighting and combat.
But Arsia knew well the customs of the outside world, and people tended to be more hospitable to those who were clothed.

Pleased with her new garb,  she quickly followed the wizard inside the tavern. After she finished putting on the gloves, she nearly walked into the Old man when he stopped suddenly. He barely turned to her, while he reached out his hand to Arsia, dropping some coins in her hand.

Arsia expressed her thanks and turned quickly to the bar, ignoring the duo that suddenly stepped near the Wizard.
Her hunger was incredible, and her needs outweighed everyone else right now
She sat at the wooden bar and hurriedly flagged down the Patron, ordering the hottest and fastest meal she could have.

Finally sighing a moment in piece, Arsia allowed herself to relax.
She could feel herself drifting in to a slumber.
Her body felt weightless.  
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am

A wizard? Red one at that. Something was up, something big. But whatever it was would have to wait, that coin purse was looking more and more appealing by the minute.

Variel sighed inwardly when his mark approached the wizard, words being exchanged and something about an Eldritch Knight. He had a run in with them once before in his home town. He knew well enough to leave them be. But that coin purse, so full of shiny discs that could bring him the world. He'd have to be careful.

He waited as the Knight spoke with the wizard. Choosing a point where he believed the Knight's guard to have been lowered. The subtlety of the change in melody from his lute was unnoticeable to the untrained ear, but the new chord prepared a mage hand spell, carefully removing the purse from the belt.

Now it was only a matter of getting the purse to him without being noticed.
George
George

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:05 am

The female barbarian was eating. That was a good sign, at least he wouldn't gave to babysit. Veran's search was cut short as the Eldritch Knight approached, giving him a sense of relief that it wasn't some sorcerer sent by the very one he was trying to destroy.

When he introduced himself, Veran bowed about as well as his old bones would allow and offers a smile. "The honor is mine Seymour. It has been some time since last I saw one of your order." Even though his expression was calm and kind, internally he was scolding himself for not first consulting with the Eldritch Knights. "I am Veran, the Red." He adds before looking towards the young woman beside the Knight. "And a pleasure to meet you, miss Katie. I do believe this is yours." He says as he removes the bow from across his back, holding it to her.

He then looks back to Seymour "Your services would be greatly accepted. I will fill you in once everything has been set."
George
George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:29 am

"Your services would be greatly accepted. I will fill you in once everything has been set."  the wizard said.

His name was Veran. Seymore had not heard of this man before, but the number of wizards Seymore knew of within the Circle could be counted with his fingers. Veran looked old, weathered and experienced. Seymore could not pin point his age, but he believed the wizard to be pushing more than a hundred. Humans lived short brutal lives. They always tried to make their way in the world before their time was done. Its an inevitably short struggle that they face. For all this Seymore did have respect for the race. They learned quick and knew how to adapt quicker. Human Eldrich Knights were few, but each one is well known and they often boasted bold deeds.

"Excellent. I say we brief in the morning. The hour is late and I need to perform my trance." he turned to Katie. "I suggest you get some rest as well. We have a long journey ahead of us."

Seymore reached for his belt in order to lend a few coins to Katie. As he reach for his sash he discovered that his coin purse was no longer in its usual location. Seymore's expression changed immediately. Without somantic components, he cast a detect magic spell. He spotted his coin purse floating towards the center of the tavern.

He ran for it and snatched it from the air. He stared at the purse for a moment to study the spell's source. His eyes met the bard, who was playing his lute. Seymore drew his sword and approached the thin half elf. He looked down to him.

"You steal from an Eldritch Knight, thief. Not wise. What do you say in your defense?" Seymore's voice was loud and stern. His face was devoid of emotion. Seymore hated thieves. He had earned every bit of gold he had ever spent and he abhored those who did not.
Joey
Joey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:16 am

Veran was the wizard's name.  Veran pulled out a bow... a crimson red oak bow with silver tips... her bow. he handed it to her and she took it out of his hands so gently as if it was glass. Her eyes flicked up and she let out a soft smile.

"Thank you sir." she smiled again. The red wizard looked old and almost weak but never be fooled about appearances. He was experience but kind.
""I suggest you get some rest as well. We have a long journey ahead of us." Seymore had said. Katie looked at him as he reached for money.
"I got some co-" she started but Seymore had now ran over to a Bard who had his coin pouch.

Seymore looked aggressive and could possibly hit this man. Katie briskly walked over and looked at the situation then took Seymore's arm gently.
"C'mon.... you got what you wanted now leave the pathetic lowlife alone." she glared at the bard.. she should break his nose, just to teach him not to steal again but that would cause trouble wouldn't it. She turned to the elf.

"C'mon... lets go eat." she walked around him. Her black hair swayed side to side under her bow that was on her back. The bow. Her deadliest weapon, the thing that she is able to kill people with. she sat down at a table and placed her bow next to her.
"Are you gonna stand there? Or are you gonna come and join me, Oh sir Knight." she said the last part with a sarcastic tone, she then smiled shyly and looked down.

Last edited by Katie on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Arsia was awoken by the clattering of the Kitchen doors. Her meal had arrived. The smell had an immediate effect on her, she was alert. The patron, with a smile placed the warm bubbling stew in front of Arsia. She did not even wait for it to cool. Arsia dug into her stew with gusto, not exuding any lady like characteristics.

It was the most delicious thing Arsia had ever eaten. She paused to collect her breath, swallowing a hot mouthful. Ignoring the food upon face, she resumed eating.

Finished, Arsia Belched loudly as she placed her bowl back on the bar, along with the gold she received from the Wizard. A good burp meant a good meal in Arsia's clan, and this was a really good meal.

Arsia whipped her chin with the wizards cloak and sat up from the bar, scanning for the Wizard. Spotting him at the entrance still, she headed in his direction. She noticed the duo that had spoken with the Old man looked preoccupied with a new fellow, a much younger man. She ignored them as she neared the Sage.
She twirled the cloak from her, relinquishing it to the Wizard, she did not need it anymore.

Arsia patted her pleased stomach as she expressed her thanks again to the Wizard.

"Someday I will repay you." She spoke calmly, and with a grateful look in her eyes, stumbled out of the Tavern.

As soon as she walked outside, she was greeted by a horse. And by greeted, she almost ran in to.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by George Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:02 am

He just hand to turn around. Variel was so close to getting a meal and then some should he not have misjudged the size of the pouch. Even so the half-elf managed to keep his cool, strumming on his lute absently.

"In my defense? Try the promise of a hot meal rather than table scraps the kitchen staff has for? Or perhaps a place to lay my head tonight. Either way, you from privelage are all the same, ready to commit murder over a handful of coins." His words spoken with an air of calm most thieves would have abandoned upon getting caugh, ignoring the blade the Knight held. His attention shifts to the young female who referred to him as a Lowlife. "Pathetic Lowlife? There's one I haven't heard, pray tell do you know of any other insults a man down on luck might hear?" This time his words practically dripped with sarcasm like water from leaves after a storm. Truth was, this wasn't the first time he had experienced any of this.

All too easy, though. The bard who the others were conversing with simply fades away. The sound of a coin purse being tossed up and caught again could be heard as the the caster of the image rematerializes from an invisibility spell, shortening the list of spells he had prepared for the day. "So if you'll excuse me, I think there's a cleaner inn down the road." He says as he simply starts for the door.
George
George

Back to top Go down

Post by George Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 pm

The idea of rest before filling the others in on what the task at hand was sounded fantastic to the elderly male. Veran gives a nod in agreement, his expression almost one of relief. "Very well, rest and take care of any other business you may have if you are set on joining my cause." He says with a nod before turning, only glancing over his shoulder as Seymour confronts the bard with accusations of thievery.

Veran's attention returns to Arsia as the woman hands his cloak back to him and speaks of repayment. She would leave now? Even after how poorly her first attempt at it had gone? "I have an offer for you. Repay the debt and join my quest." He hadn't personally dealt with barbarians, however he did know how their minds work. "Join me and I can promise glorious battle and recognition as a mighty warrior among the clans of the realm. Should you accept my invitation, not only would your debt to me be paid, I would owe you a debt." He adds, not even having noticed the absence of something he kept on his belt.

It took up until the loud screech echoed out from just outside the tavern where the bard had gone once he had pulled his trick off to realize just what had happened. Veran offers a simple smile to Arsia, "Take a moment to think about my offer. I can have a room prepared for you, rest now." He says over the incessant noise before making his way to the entrance of the tavern.

What he found was something quite comical in Veran's eyes, the bard had opened the coin purse that had come off the wizards belt, activating the enchantment that had been placed upon it. The half elf had dropped the pouch and collapsed, the intensity of the sound having caused his ears to bleed. A wave of his hand over the pouch as he stoops to retrieve it and the siren stops. "Thievery is unwise when attempted against even a town guard. A means to an end, yes but unwise never-the-less. Now stealing from a wizard of my ranking...that, my friend is just foolish." He says with a chuckle, reattaching his coin purse to his belt. "I must say, it was an impressive feat of stealth."
George
George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Seymore shrugged Katie off. He looked to her. He did his best to ensure his face was as reassuring as possible. "He has broken the law. His crime must be punished. I will deal with him and then we can eat." Seymore patted Katie's shoulder softly and then followed Veran after the loud noise.

"Thievery is unwise when attempted against even a town guard. A means to an end, yes but unwise never-the-less. Now stealing from a wizard of my ranking...that, my friend is just foolish." He says with a chuckle, reattaching his coin purse to his belt. "I must say, it was an impressive feat of stealth."

Seymore stood along side the red wizard as he spoke. Teaching the bard a lesson. It was at that moment that Seymore had devised a fantastic plan. He looked at the bard and grabbed him by the collar. He focused his eyes. Their deep yellow color shining in the moonlight.

"You will atone for your thievery by assisting this wizard in his difficult test. You will be his loyal ally and you will aid in his tasks. It is this or jail. Should you try to escape, I will personally hunt you down and ensure that justice is dealt." Seymore said as he released the bard from his grip. "What will it be?"

Seymore placed his free hand on his hip while resting his sword on his shoulder. A bard could prove useful to the group and Seymore was sure that if a red wizard was forming a party that it would not be an easy quest. If the bard refused, Seymore was prepared to unleash his full fury on him.
Joey
Joey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Katie remained sitting at the table. Seymore and the red wizard where about to teach this bard a lesson. The girl looked down. Why does she feel kinda bad about this... she had took some things before...but they where left behind or lost by travlers...

Katie got up from the table and looked at the two men who had their backs to her. she rolled her eyes and walked out.
"I'm not sticking around with people who are all about the law" she whispered to herself. Ranger perked his ears at a lady. He tilted his head at her then turned his massive body till his head was in front of her.

He nickered gently and lowered his head and looked at his with sparkling eyes.
~Hello~ they seemed to say to the lady. Katie walked out and saw Ranger.
"Made a new friend did we?" Katie stopped next to Ranger and then looked at the lady.
"Katie..." she introduced herself...might as well since now everyone want to talk to her...
"This is Ranger.." she patted the 17hand painted stallion.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Arsia's mind was deep in thought, milling over the Request of the Wizard. She nearly laughed at his futile attempt to sway her with fame and power. He must have thought her an ordinary Clan Barbarian, but Arsia had no clan to speak of anymore. What did pique her interest was the Wizards Repayment if she helped him. For a wizard to owe her, she could accomplish nearly anything. Especially the Revenge of her Clan.

Ne taceatis, Absque misericordia, quantum, she said her clan code to herself. She would use this Wizard to achieve her goal. She would Accept his Cause. She will destroy those who took her Clan from her.

Arsia shook her head from her thoughts, and caught herself staring into the transfixing eyes of a horse. They Seemed to sparkle at her. Then a voice beside the horse spoke, catching Arsia off guard.

"Katie..." A small female introduced herself, patting the dark horse, her Hair Darker then even the night sky, with what seemed like a stripe of fierce red near her bangs. With what little light from the Tavern, Arsia could not discern her age, but she figured the girl to be young. Katie continued to speak.

"This Is Ranger" she was referring to the horse.

A small smile slowly crept along Arsia's face before a sudden realization stopped her in her place. She could only assume that the Wizard was gathering a group for whatever reason. Arsia had seen him talking to others in the Tavern. She wont become attached to these people she concluded, she couldnt. She couldnt go through that heartbreak again.

"I am Arsia," she said coarsly, as unfriendly as she could. She Turned to leave, but before she did, Arsia patted the Wither of the horse, where the neck meets back.

"You have a Beautiful partner." Arsia Relented, having a somewhat soft spot for animals, especially horses.  
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by George Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

Dear gods but that sound! Variel could hardly hear anything that was going on around him and he was sure he could feel blood pouring from his ears. Normally he would have been smarter and tried to disable any form of security on anything taken from a mage of any kind. The lack of food in his belly had given him a false sense of complacency, having thought that since he was in the clear.

His hearing was starting to come back when the wizard approached. Expecting to be brought down in a hail of magics, Variel braced himself, only to hear a compliment to his skill and the audacity behind his stunt. As a confused word of thanks was about to leave his lips he found himself being dragged to his feet by the collar. Were he able to concentrate a shout spell would have been cast and he would be gone, but there was a ringing in his ears still.

Atone? Hunting down? All pretty words that generally meant he was going to prison anyway. "Try to escape? Do you have any idea who it is you're threatening?" In spite of his position Variel's expression was smug. "I am the Spectral Wind, no prison has been able to hold me and no hunter has been able to catch me!" He adds as he practically wrenches himself away from the Knight. "Besides, how do I know you won't just try to bring me in once the job is done anyway?"
George
George

Back to top Go down

Post by George Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 am

Veran slipped off into thought as Seymour did his thing, if he was like the others of his order then Veran knew well enough that tryin to stop him would be pointless. Once the offer was given Veran returns his attention to the bard who openly admitted to being one he had seen in wanted posters in just about every city he had landed in. This made Veran think of the benefits of having one of Variel's skill level with them.

Veran raises a hand for silence and to answer Variel's question. "You have the word of the Circle that should you help, you will not set one foot inside a prison." Comes the answer. Veran hoped that this bard had heard of the tower and knew that they did have a code of honor to keep their word. "Should you decline, I cannot promise to save you from whatever my friend here would do."

With this he untied his coin purse again, dispells the enchantment upon it and tosses it to the bard. "And if that isn't enough, take this as a sign of good faith."
George
George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:30 pm

The Spectral Wind. Seymore pondered for a moment. Was this a self appointed title? Most likely. Seymore looked the man up and down. He had elf blood, but was not pure blooded like himself. There were many elves of the world that looked down on those not of pure blood. Experience had taught him better. The man had displayed that he was capable in the ways of illusion magic. Seymore should have been prepared for that, but most bards he encountered only knew minor spells such as dancing lights or dazzle. This man before him was a more experienced trisckster. Still he was thin and lanky. It was likely that once his magics failed him that he would be no threat at all. Still, Seymore would keep his guard up.

Seymore sheathed his blade, but kept his hand on it. He always had a counter spell stored within it, just in case. He let out a brief chuckle in response to the bard's boast. He waited for Veran to complete his offer of sweetening the deal. Seymore didn't fully agree with giving gold to the thief, but Seymore played along.

"You clearly have never been hunted by an Eldritch Knight before. We will meet in this inn tomorrow. I expect to see you there." He said sternly.

Seymore turned and walked towards the entrance of the inn. He noticed Katie, ranger and the barbarian woman having a conversation. Seymore casually walked up as the woman turned to compliment Ranger. Seymore had to admit, Ranger was a fine specimen. Strong and loyal. He nodded to the barbarian and turned to Katie.

"I apologize if I scared you." He said softly. "I am bound by duty to uphold the law of the land, but more importantly he tried to steal my gold. Tomorrow morning we will be meeting here with Veran. A lot of adventure awaits us and I hope to see you there." Seymore reached into his sash and pulled out a small pendant with an emerald in it. The pendant was old and very petite. It was of elven make and was made of mythril.

"Take this. It belonged to my sister. You remind me of her."
Joey
Joey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:08 am

Arsia was this lady's name. She didnt sound friendly and maybe she had a reason not be kind to people...kinda like katie herself.
"you have a beautiful partner" Arsia said as she patted Ranger. Ranger snorted happily and lifted his head with pride. Katie giggled at the horse's reaction.
"thank you," she patted the stallion's hind quarter. Katie over looked her painted stallion. His black neck had a white stripe that soon engulfed his body. he was always so clean, even his white parts where snow white.

"He's," Her eyes seemed to glow with love for her horse. "somethin..." she walked next to the stallion. He was now broken in for riding, but he had been with katie since a year, and he is now 5. Footsteps brought katie out of her moment. She looked over and saw seymore. Katie turned towards ranger and started to braid the white slit in his mane.

""I apologize if I scared you." He said softly to her. "I am bound by duty to uphold the law of the land, but more importantly he tried to steal my gold. Tomorrow morning we will be meeting here with Veran. A lot of adventure awaits us and I hope to see you there." he finished.

"I wasn't scared," she turned towards him "i just don't feel like having a bucket on my-" she stopped when she saw a beautiful pendant in his hand. Katie immediately went quiet. Her eyes where widen a bit. The emerald twinkled in the moonlight. This pendant was old but still beautiful.
"Take this. It belonged to my sister. You remind me of her." Seymore had said. Katie looked up at him in shocked. No one has gave katie anything. unless she was tradin. Katie brushed back a black strain of hair that had fell in her face.

"I-" katie started then looked up at him. she then sighed and gently took it.
"Thank you..." she stared at the pendant in her hand.
Tori
Tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Arsia continued to walk away, but she heard all she needed to hear.

..."We will meet in this inn tomorrow. I expect to see you there." The elf spoke to Katie.

She distanced herself from the duo, her rough feet slid through the tall grass. She happened upon a small mechanical well, with a tiny rusted lever. She could only hope that it would work, so far her day hasnt been the greatest, and she hasnt been so lucky. Arsia grasped the lever and with mild hesitation, pulled it towards her. Water instantly fell to the well before her, splashing her feet, and the first genuine smile in a long while crept upon Arsia's face. She fell to her knees instantly, cupping water into her hands and throwing it onto her face. Her whole body rejoiced in the calming and soothing touch of the chilled water.

After Arsia had thoroughly washed her body, or until she did not smell, she wandered around outside the small Inn while the warn night dried her off.  The effect the water had on her was immediate, she felt immensely better.
But She still fought against her increasingly heavy eyelids as she struggled her way to the stable next to the inn.

Arsia had always preferred sleeping with the elements, the heat nor the cold bothered her. She did not care for the inclosed houses of her clan, instead choosing the more open shelters. For some reason she couldn't fathom, she had always preferred sleeping on the soft dirt then a actual cot or bed roll. She had this strange connection with the earth, or what she called Argoa.

Arsia had always felt a strong bond between her and Argoa, the Earth Goddess her Clan had Followed, and a very popular god among other Clan Barbarians. Even though she wasnt very religious; she left that to the barbarian preists, and she also wasnt very fond of magic; she again left that to the priests. Arsia Always felt that she had someone watching over her, someone that was always on her side; She had, as unbelievable as it sounds, A Guardian Angel.

She could only assume it was Argoa herself, which Others and even Arsia found humorous and downright incredulous. But there were times and events that where luck and serendipity just couldnt explain her fortune. But this fortune also made Arsia Reckless and overconfident of her abilities, seemingly convinced her self somewhat invincible. This was not one of those times.

As Arisa slumped into the Stable, climbing a slim ladder to a small alcove above the ground, she again felt a familiar spiritual presence. The uneasy feeling of being watched, but somehow it was the exact opposite. It made her feel safe, but at the same time vulnerable, a feeling she hasnt had recently. Arsia's body fell into a heap of exhaustion on a bale of hay, her long frame curled into a tight ball.

As her heavy eyes finally shut and Arsia finally succumbed to slumber, A pair of heavenly celestial eyes opened elsewhere.
Hawk
Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

KOTRP :: RP :: Roleplaying

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum